Skip to content
left end
left end
right end
Transition was good. Everyone was friendly, helpful and caring


Occupational Therapy

You may need to see an occupational therapist if your burns or scars are causing difficulty with movement or function and are limiting you from performing tasks that you want or need to do. There are occupational therapists in both the children's and adult services that are available to see you both in hospital during an admission and in outpatient clinics.

Occupational therapy uses meaningful activities to ensure participation in occupations (such as school, hobbies, personal care) and to work towards your rehabilitation goals. We will also see you in scar management clinics.

If you are currently receiving occupational therapy from the burns therapist at the children's hospital, or the therapist sees you annually for review, they will ensure that they communicate with the burns occupational therapists in adult services to inform them of your transfer to ensure that you are reviewed and that treatment continues.