Skip to content
left end
left end
right end
Try not to worry about moving to the adult hospital. Everyone is welcoming



We are here to support you. All the members of your team including your doctor, nurse specialist, psychologist, cardiac physiologist and dietician can help answer questions and concerns that you may have.

If you are a patient at Bristol Royal Hospital for children or seen by the paediatric team you can contact the CNS team on 0117 3428286 or by emailing, for those who have transferred to adult services the contact number for the adult congenital heart disease specialist nurses is 0117 3426599 and email is We provide support to all patients across the South West, not just those in Bristol. You can find out more about care for children and young people with heart conditions here.

Alongside your team there are several organisations that can help you with any questions about living with a heart condition, and often have news of events or discussion groups that you can access to gain support. You can find out more by clicking on the links. 

Working in partnership with the Bristol Heart Institute and the SWCHD Network, Youth@Heart has funded and employed an ACHD Youth Worker and a Community Youth and Family Worker. Working with 15-24-year olds they can support you and your family, in hospital and in the community. The ACHD Youth Worker, can give in and outpatient support at the BHI & BRHC and is also offering guidance with the transition process to adult services while the Community Youth & Family Worker, is available to talk to you and your family, offering support and information, helping to increase opportunities and reduce isolation. Both are available to support you, your families, and partners, with accessing life more successfully, understanding the challenges that living with CHD imposes and signposting to specialist support services. Talk to your team for more information.