Homeopathic medicine has been available in Bristol since 1852,
when Dr Black first started dispensing from premises in the
During the next 69 years the service developed and expanded
culminating in the commissioning in 1921 of a new hospital in the
grounds of Cotham House. The Bristol Homeopathic Hospital continued
to provide a full range of services until 1986 when the in-patient
facilities were transferred to the Bristol Eye Hospital, where they
continue to be provided, and outpatient services were moved to the
ground floor of the Cotham Hill site.
In 1994, following the sale of the main building to the
University by the Bristol and District Health Authority, a new
purpose built Department was provided in the Annexe buildings
of the main building, adjoining the original Cotham House.
The NHS Homeopathic Service is now being delivered on behalf of
UH Bristol by the Portland Centre for
Integrative Medicine (PCIM), a Community Interest Company.
The service offering is unaffected by this change with care
continuing to be delivered by the same group of
The service has moved from its previous base at South Bristol
Community Hospital and is now being delivered at Litfield House
Medical Centre, Clifton, Bristol, BS8 3LS.
Should you require any further information about the service
please contact PCIM via firstname.lastname@example.org
or telephone 0117 317 1482.