What we do
We provide a service for Upper Gastrointestinal surgical
conditions, including benign and malignant oesophagal, gastric,
pancreatic, biliary and liver surgery.
- Low morbidity and mortality rates for the major cancer
- Innovative laparoscopic surgery for benign and malignant
- Endoscopic Ultrasound.
- Upper GI physiology unit.
- Excellent MDT team working
- An international research profile
Further information for patients
We provide OPD clinics on Monday afternoons and
Conditions we treat
We are a Tertiary referral centre for oesophago-gastric,
pancreas and liver cancer. We are a regional referral centre for
complex benign conditions of oesophagus, stomach, liver and
We accept local referrals for benign conditions of the Upper GI
tract and biliary tree.
Treatments we offer
Endoscopic, laparoscopic and open surgery for Upper GI
The Upper GI Department can be contacted on 0117 342